- The mattress is flippable, so you can decide which level of firmness suits you best
- Excellent pressure relief, especially when it comes to your hips and shoulders
- This mattress cradles your body and gives you a comfortable “hug”
- Both these mattresses are cooling
- You can choose between firm and soft, but there is no medium-firm
- The edge support isn’t great on the memory foam option
Most Layla mattress reviews disclose one simple fact — memory foam mattresses are becoming more and more popular by the day. This is mainly because high-quality memory foam mattresses cradle your body like a caring mother and offer superior pressure point relief. They are generally super comfortable and the Layla memory foam flippable mattress is no different.
Of course, if memory foam is right down your alley, Layla also has a premium hybrid mattress that offers the comfort of memory foam mixed with the targeted support of coil springs.
Today, we will be reviewing both of these mattresses and giving you all the information you need to make the right mattress purchase for you and your body.
Layla Memory Foam Mattress Review
This mattress is made out of copper gel-infused foam, which is supposedly better than your average memory foam. For starters, it is cooling while other memory foams can heat you up at night. The copper in the foam also reacts to your body, giving you support where you need it most. Simply add your favorite down pillows and enjoy a good night’s sleep.
Interested to know more? Then read on to find out more details about the Layla Memory Foam Mattress!
Layla Memory Foam Mattress Layers
Layla Memory Foam Mattress reviews highlight that this mattress is made from six premium layers. Since this mattress is flippable, we will be looking at the layers starting with the soft side.
- The top layer on the soft side is a cooling cover made from thermo-gel cooling technology, which reacts to your body temperature. It is stitched in a stylish white and gray hexagon pattern.
- The next layer is 3’’ of copper-gel memory foam. This is soft and comfortable with a slightly plush feel to it. Best part — you won’t even need a mattress topper if you use this side of the mattress.
- The third layer is a 2-inch max airflow support foam layer, which has deep channels to help with the airflow. It also offers customized support.
- The fourth layer is a 4-inch support core foam that sustains the integrity of the mattress and prevents too much bounce, according to Layla Sleep mattress reviews.
- Moving on to the firmer side of the mattress, there is a 1-inch layer of copper-gel memory foam. This has a firm feel and offers your body ideal support.
- The cover on the firm side is the same cooling material as on the softer side, except it is stitched in gray and black rather than white and gray.
You get the best of both worlds with this mattress. You can either use the soft or the firm side, depending on your preferences. However, there is no medium firmness level and you have to choose between the two; we suggest you test out both sides during the trial period.
Our independent review of the Layla Mattress memory foam model shows that you get superior pressure relief when you purchase this mattress. This is because of the copper-gel memory foam, which reacts to the pressure of your body and supports you where you need it most.
You’ll feel supported on this mattress due to the 4-inch support core. However, it is important to note that you will receive a slight hug from the mattress on either side.
Memory foam mattresses are naturally more heated than other types of mattresses and need a certain element in order to be cooling. In this mattress, the cooling cover, copper-gel memory foam, and max airflow support layer ensure that you don’t overheat while you sleep.
Our conclusion in this Layla Mattress review is that the temperature regulation is good enough and that you shouldn’t overheat in your sleep unless you are someone who regularly suffers from hot flashes or night sweats.
This mattress performs well when it comes to motion isolation.
On the soft side, you can easily move around without your partner being disturbed, which makes this mattress perfect for couples, especially those with different sleep routines.
On the firmer side, there may be a slight difference in the motion isolation, but the disturbance is minimal and not enough to be of any concern.
There are very few Layla Mattress complaints about this memory foam model, however, the edge support is one aspect that does receive some negative reviews.
As with many all-foam mattresses, there is weak edge support and it is not reinforced. Hence, you won’t be able to sleep near the side of the bed without feeling a dip, which may be a problem for people who want to stretch out near the edge of their bed.
Layla Hybrid Mattress Review
This model takes all the benefits of memory foam and combines them with the targeted support of a coil spring mattress. This is a comfortable and thick mattress that provides exceptional support. And just like the Layla Memory Foam Mattress, you can flip between the soft side and the firm side.
While the memory foam model comes with six layers, this hybrid mattress has seven premium layers. You’ll notice that the layers are similar to that of the memory foam mattress, except with the addition of a coil layer. Just like with the previous model, we’ll be going through the layers with the soft side at the top.
- The top layer is a soft gray cover that is highly breathable to keep you comfortable and cool at night.
- The next layer consists of 2.5’’ of copper-gel memory foam, which is soft and has a comfortable, plush feeling.
- The third layer is made out of 2’’ of max airflow support foam.
- The fourth layer is, according to Layla Hybrid Mattress reviews, what differentiates this model from the pure memory foam mattress. This is an Infinity Edge individually wrapped coil system — 6’’ thick and the coils are pocketed to ensure minimal motion transfer.
- Now, we’re on to the firmer side of the mattress with another layer of max airflow support foam (1.5’’).
- The sixth layer is a firmer 1-inch copper-gel memory foam.
- The final layer is the firm side cover, which is the same as the soft side cover.
This mattress has two sides — a firm and soft one. The soft side gives a nice hug and has a deep plush feel. The firm side is obviously firmer, but not too hard; the soft side is a 4/10 and the firm side is a 7/10 on the firmness scale.
Most Layla Mattress negative reviews indicate the fact that there is no medium feel and you have to choose between either soft or firm.
Due to the combination of copper-gel memory foam and individually-wrapped coil springs, you will find that your pressure points are completely relieved and it’s unlikely that you will wake up stiff or sore.
Overall, you’ll find this mattress comes with superior support. And while it will give you a slight hug, you won’t feel like you’re stuck inside the mattress.
The cooling cover combined with the copper-gel in the memory foam ensures that you don’t sleep too hot, according to Layla reviews of this mattress. The layers of this mattress are super breathable and there are two layers of max airflow support foam to ensure that hot air doesn’t get trapped in this mattress or between your body and your cozy comforter.
There is minimal motion transfer with this mattress, just like the memory foam model. Now, you might think that the spring coil layer might change that, but each coil is pocketed to ensure that the motion throughout the mattress is still isolated. Hence, this mattress is perfect for couples thanks to the minimal motion transfer; in other words, you won’t disturb your partner if you need to get up in the middle of the night.
Layla mattress reviews generally agree that the edge support on the hybrid mattress is superior to that of the memory foam mattress. This is due to the double row of reinforced coils that run around the perimeter of the mattress. As a result, you’ll find that the mattress doesn’t dip near the sides of the bed and you’ll have a larger surface to stretch out on while you sleep.
Terms of Sale
We want to point out in our Layla mattress review that shipping to the lower 48 states is absolutely free when you order a Layla mattress. They do ship to Hawaii, Alaska, and even Canada, but there will be shipping costs charged at checkout. With manufacturing and packaging included, it should take between four and eight days to get your mattress delivered.
There is a 120-night sleep trial for either of the Layla mattresses. This means that you can test out these mattresses from the comfort of your own home for 120 nights and if you aren’t happy, you can return the mattress for a full refund.
The Layla Memory Foam Mattress comes with a lifetime warranty, according to Layla mattress reviews. Meaning, if there is an issue with your mattress that is the fault of the manufacturer, they will either help you sort out the problem or replace the mattress.
However, the Layla Hybrid Mattress only has a 10-year warranty.
The Layla Memory Foam Mattress will cost you between $649 and $1,149. While the Layla Hybrid Mattress is priced between $1,299 and $1,899; the price largely depends on the size of the mattress you want to purchase.
Both the Layla Memory Foam Mattress and the Layla Hybrid Mattress are superb options when shopping for a new mattress, at least according to our Layla mattress unbiased review. They are cooling and have excellent motion isolation. You can also flip either mattress to change from soft to firm or vice versa.
If you’d prefer a mattress that is thicker and has more edge support, then the hybrid is the best choice for you. However, if you’re set on buying a memory foam mattress, the Layla Memory Foam Mattress has a stellar reputation for a reason. Either way, you’ll be getting a great night’s sleep on a quality mattress.
Where to buy a Layla mattress?
You can buy a mattress directly from Layla’s website and have it shipped to your doorstep in next to no time. However, if you would prefer to purchase it from Amazon, you can also buy their products there.
Is Layla a good mattress?
Yes, both the Layla Memory Foam Mattress and the Layla Hybrid Mattress are excellent mattresses that offer a good night’s sleep. Whether you prefer an all-foam mattress or a mattress with coils, you’ll find that one of these options suits your needs. Though, whatever the case, know that these mattresses are made with high-quality, premium materials.
Is the Layla mattress made in the USA?
Yes, both the Layla Memory Foam Mattress and Layla Hybrid Mattress are made in the US.
How soft is the Layla mattress?
On the soft side, the mattress is a 4/10 on the firmness scale. On the firm side, it is a 7/10. The soft side is plush and hugs your body without trapping you in the mattress, as per numerous Layla mattress reviews found online.