- Great for people who don’t want to cook regularly
- Nutritious and balanced meals
- Tasty and delicious cuisine
- Easy to heat up and eat
- Freshly prepared and shipped quickly
- No vegetarian or vegan options
- Minimum of four meals per week
- Can be expensive
If you often find that you’re too busy to cook a healthy, delicious, and nutritious meal, Freshly may be just the thing you’re looking for. The company prepares interesting and tasty meals and delivers them directly to your door. It’s the perfect service for people who don’t have time to cook, live alone and don’t want to cook for one person, or simply don’t enjoy cooking.
We’ve tested out Freshly and looked into the many Freshly reviews available to let you know whether this is the answer to all your meal-planning problems.
How It Works
One of the greatest benefits of using Freshly is that it’s incredibly easy to sign up and put your order in. After just a few minutes, you’ll have your meals organized for the week! It’s super simple, which is what makes this a great food delivery service according to so many Freshly reviews in 2021.
Ordering for the First Time
- To start, go to the website and enter your email address and zip code, and click “Get Started.”
- Then, you’ll be taken to a page where you can choose how many meals you want to order. You have the choice of 4, 6, 10, or 12 meals per week. (Note: the more meals you order, the less you pay per meal.)
- Once you’ve selected a meal plan, you’ll be asked to select a delivery date. Reviews of Freshly frequently state that your delivery date will be in a week or so as you have to book ahead and can’t make a last-minute order.
- You’ll next be taken to a menu with all the meals. Helpfully, there are pictures as a visual aid when deciding what you’d like. You’ll also be able to see the calories, carbs, and proteins that make up each meal, which we consider a positive in our Freshly meals review. Just click “Add” under the meals you want in your order.
- After you’ve selected the right number of meals for your plan, you will be sent to the checkout page. Here, you’ll fill in your delivery details and pay for the service.
- Once these are delivered to your doorstep, you can put them in the freezer drawer in your refrigerator and take them out when you’re hungry. You can defrost and heat them up pretty quickly.
- Once you’ve chosen a plan and selected your meals, you’re all set. You’ll continue to receive deliveries until you decide to cancel your subscription, according to the Freshly food delivery reviews.
- You can select your menu items and delivery date up to three weeks in advance. You can change meal options individually or for the whole week. This usually needs to happen five or six days ahead of delivery, depending on where you live.
- If you want to skip a week or multiple weeks, you can quickly and easily do that on the website according to most Freshly meal reviews. Just go to “Deliveries” and select the “Skip week” option.
Canceling Your Subscription
Canceling is super easy and takes only a few steps. Freshly doesn’t force you to take a million steps in order to cancel your subscription—it’s actually quite simple.
- Go to your settings, which you can do by clicking on your profile at the top of Freshly’s website (on the right).
- Beneath “My Subscription,” you’ll see an option for canceling your subscription. Click on this.
- Freshly will ask you some questions so it can improve its service in the future, and then it will cancel your subscription.
- You’ll receive a confirmation email after you’ve successfully canceled your subscription.
- We’d also like to point out in our Freshly review that you can reactivate your account after canceling simply by logging into your account and ordering deliveries again.
Currently, there are 31 delicious meals to choose from. Whether you prefer chicken, turkey, beef, or pork, there are options for all kinds of meat-eaters on Freshly’s menu. It also offers low-carb options.
Unfortunately, at present, there are no vegetarian or vegan options, according to Freshly reviews. Hopefully, in the future, the company will consider adding options for non-meat-eaters. In the meantime, if you’re looking for vegan and vegetarian dishes, you may take a look at our detailed reviews of Sun Basket or Home Chef.
Some of the most popular meals include the following:
- Steak Peppercorn
- Sicilian-Style Chicken Parm
- Harvest Time Chicken Risotto
- Savory-Sweet Chicken Teriyaki
- White Bean Turkey Chili
- Ancient Grain Chicken Pilaf
With 31 tasty options, you can order all your dinners and lunches from Freshly for weeks and never risk getting bored from eating too much of the same thing.
In our Freshly review, we want to point out that you can definitely taste the difference between a Freshly meal and a frozen TV dinner. While Freshly’s meals are frozen and packaged so that you can easily heat them up and eat them without much fuss, they’re made from fresh ingredients with lots of flavorful herbs and spices. These meals are anything but bland.
It all starts with the way the recipes are formulated. You can tell that each meal has been thought up by an experienced chef. The ingredients go together wonderfully in these Freshly meals, reviews confirm, and a lot of focus has been put on ensuring that they’re tasty as well as nutritious. These are not simple meat and two veg kinds of meals. The recipes are complex and work well.
You’ll find that each dish has a unique taste. Freshly doesn’t offer options that use a slightly different version of the same ingredients and flavors. Each meal is different from the next.
Fresh and Nutritious
Freshly is committed to using fresh ingredients in its dishes so that you can enjoy these meals as if you cooked them on your stovetop or in your own slow cooker. We want to make it clear in our Freshly food delivery review that ordering from this company is nothing like eating fast food or a frozen TV dinner from the grocery store. It’s more like eating a home-cooked meal that you didn’t have to prepare yourself.
The company tries not to use processed foods in its meals. Freshly wants to create food that simplifies your life but is still nutritious. It also makes sure not to use too much sugar in its dishes; instead, it uses ingredients that give the food a natural sweetness.
Some Freshly meal delivery reviews have noted that the packaging of these meals is similar to that of a frozen TV dinner meal. That is largely because it is the easiest and most efficient way to package meals like this.
Once you open your Freshly delivery box, you’ll find that each meal has been inserted into a cardboard sleeve. Inside this branded sleeve is a plastic dish with a transparent plastic seal over the top.
The packaging of these meals ensures that the dishes stay fresh, even when they’re being shipped and delivered. Freshly reviews confirm that these containers are also safe for freezing, and you can use them in a microwave without any issues.
The packaging is all recyclable in an effort to be more environmentally friendly.
One important thing to take note of in this Freshly meal review is that you pay less per dish when you order more meals. For example, if you order a meal plan that includes four dishes, you pay $11.49 per meal. But if you order a meal plan that includes 12 meals, you’ll only pay $8.49 per meal.
Here are the meal plans you can purchase from Freshly:
- 4 meals per week at $11.49/meal
- 6 meals per week at $9.49/meal
- 10 meals per week at $8.99/meal
- 12 meals per week at $8.49/meal
You should also know that you have to pay for shipping as well—our Freshly review determined that this is calculated at checkout.
Freshly has 31 delicious options of pre-cooked meals that you can have delivered directly to your door. Once you’ve signed up, it’s super easy to continue. You can change your menu and skip weeks when you need to. At the end of the day, you’re paying for the pleasure of having tasty, nutritious meals without having to shop for or prepare them yourself.
How do you cancel Freshly?
When it comes to how to cancel Freshly, all you need to do is go to the settings in your profile and scroll down until you come to the option to cancel your subscription. You’ll be asked a few questions, and then Freshly will process your cancelation. You’ll then receive a confirmation email.
Is Freshly healthy?
Freshly is committed to creating tasty meals that are also nutritious. It uses fresh vegetables in each dish. The meals are balanced and healthy. There are even low-carb options for those on a diet. When you’re choosing your meals, you’ll get information on the carbohydrates, protein, and calories in each dish.
Is Freshly worth the money?
While shopping for your own groceries and preparing your own meals may be less expensive, with Freshly, you’re paying for convenience as well as tasty and nutritious meals. These dishes are healthier than fast food, so it’s understandable that it will cost a little more. However, it’s worth investing in one of Freshly’s meal plans if you find that you’re often too busy to cook for yourself.
Is Freshly really fresh?
At the end of the day, these are still frozen meals delivered to your door. However, Freshly uses all fresh ingredients and avoids processed food, so you know that you’re choosing the healthier option. They also only ship to places where they know the food can be delivered within a 48-hour time period.
How much does Freshly really cost?
The way it works is that you pay less when you order more meals. This means that if you choose to have four meals per week, you’ll end up paying $11.49 per meal. Meanwhile, by ordering 12 meals per week, you only end up paying $8.49 per meal. Aside from the costs of the meals, you will also be charged for shipping, which is calculated at checkout.
Is Freshly cheaper than grocery shopping?
No. Ultimately, buying your own ingredients and cooking the food yourself will likely cost less. However, as the Freshly reviews will remind you, you’re paying for the food as well as the convenience.