Last year, we certainly had ample opportunity to scrutinize the interior of our homes, and as a result, many are thinking of revamping their interior home design.
Homeschooling and working from home have made homeowners ditch open spaces for dedicated spaces, which has become one of the most popular home transformation trends in 2021.
But it’s not just that. Home interiors are going through a color revolution too, and the most popular colors are all various notes and shades of green. This is perfectly understandable given that their soothing effect brings an atmosphere of calm and serenity.
As per color psychology, certain green notes are creativity-boosters, plus, according to Feng Shui, green is the color of growth, action, and decisiveness.
Five of the most reputable paint brands have announced their color picks for 2022, and guess what? All of them are various greens.
- Benjamin Moore’s pick for 2022 is October Mist – a grayish-green that’s halfway through the bright shade range.
- Behr Paint has chosen Breezeway, which is a light silvery-green color popular for wooden elements.
- As its name suggests, PPG’s Olive Sprig is grayish-green in the shade of a green olive.
- Glidden has chosen a more upbeat green named Guacamole, which describes the shade perfectly.
- Sherwin-Williams has brought forward the Evergreen Fog, which is an earthy tone of green-gray.
Why is green so popular this season? According to a Well and Good article on this subject, customers are seeking psychological support in the green notes at a time when pandemic-related uncertainty surrounds the world. There’s nothing more soothing than nature’s green embrace engraved in our collective memory.
If you wish to follow suit and benefit from the calming effects of green, you don’t have to do a complete restyling of your home. A simple color change of a single wall in a room, your carpet, or pieces of furniture like your home office desk, or even just a stylish throw blanket can be enough to enhance your inner peace.